Our first major outing involved going to the Phoenix Zoo. This was probably our first and last trip to this zoo - not because it isn't a nice zoo, but because it is blazing HOT! It was 112 that day. Didn't know that while we were there. Here are some pics of me and Pax getting a taste of intense heat wave!
He's eyes kept saying, why are you doing this too me - I'm hot!
This is the only time he really reacted to the animals. I guess the flamingos were funny!
I started getting a headache (I think it was because I was overheating) - and thankfully we found a snow cone station open (most were closed). Paxton and I shared this which was the best snow cone I have ever had! Most of the animals were sleeping, hiding in the shade, or trying to find the water!
After the snow cone I decided I wasn't up for walking anymore around the zoo (we had covered about 1/3 of the zoo in 1 1/2 hours). I decided we'd take the shuttle tour to finish our zoo visit. Paxton fell asleep during the ride and then kept sleeping in his stroller for almost 45 minutes.
The zoo was indeed quite the hot adventure!
His favorite thing was the fake flowers, go figure.
On Friday we went to the Hall of Flame Museum. Toni didn't have to be in her lab until about 2:30 so she joined us. I'm positive she enjoyed the fire trucks/museum the most of all of us, until the end (which I'll explain shortly).
After spending time in this play area, we went on the next part of the tour, and then when we walked back through the play area, Toni expressed her desire to slide down the fire pole. I encouraged her, mistakes were made, and she ended of spraining her ankle and her foot as she landed. Our visit to the museum ended abruptly, and we all hobbled out of there as quickly as possible to attend to Toni's foot. She was adamat it wasn't broken and wouldn't go to the hospital (insisted it was too expensive she could wait till we got home on Sunday). It continued to swell. We iced it, wrapped it, and needless to say, she could barely get around for the next few days. Once we got into town on Sunday we went to urgent care, before even going home, and spent two hours doing xrays, etc. The doctor confirmed she didn't break anything but had a serious sprain. Lesson learned, Toni isn't a kid anymore! :) Tough lesson to learn.
The trip was fun, but we were all eager to be home. The pack and play served its nightly sleeping purpose but we are happy to be back to the crib. Naps were taken together on the bed (I've missed nap time this week at work).
Eating was also something that required some adjusting to on the road. We invested in a booster chair, which he actually really likes! It will be a good transition to eating at the table (which I hope to start after we get moved).
It was a fun trip, but I'll tell you what, I'm sure glad I don't live in that Heat!


oh what a fun time! (minus the billion degree heat, right?) I'm glad we moved out of the heat as well!! ha. love that he LOVED the flamingos so much.. haa haa. what a cutie pie!!
ReplyDelete