Saturday, February 5, 2011

Most Recent Event

The last week has been packed with several firsts for us. Primarily the move from bassinet to crib which happened last Sunday. Tired of holding little man while he sleeps, and concerned he wasn't really "napping", we moved him into the crib to nap and sleep at night as well. That first nap was a rough one. It took him about 40 minutes of crying before he fell asleep (I did check on him and comforted him - I wasn't heartless I promise). He is now taking four naps a day for about an hour each (excluding today - hasn't been the best of sleep last night and today :(). The naps have made a HUGE difference on his attitude as he is so much happier near the end of the day. Toni was coming home from work to find a screaming baby which we now think was just because he was so tired. The night time sleep is going well in that he sleeps in his crib and doesn't have much difficulty falling asleep.....so far usually takes about 5 to 20 minutes depending on the night. But sleeping through the night is another story. There was one night that he slept from 8:40 to 6:45 (which was awesome) but that hasn't happened again. He is instead getting up two and three times, basically at 3AM then every two and a half to three hours. Not fun! We moved his bedtime up to between 8 and 8:30 so that might have something to do with the sleeping through the night. Who knows. I am going back to work as of next Friday 2/11 so the bedtime and the napping being established by then will hopefully help with the transition for all of us. I must say, I am greatful to have my bed back. :-)

1 comment:

  1. yay for the happier baby!! naps are lifesavers!! good for baby and good for momma! I hope he continues to sleep better and better for ya!

    *having your bed back is the BEST!! :)

    ReplyDelete

"X Comments"