Saturday, August 14, 2010

30 weeks!

Today I have reached the 30 week mark, woohoo! Only 70 or so days left. :-) This is both exciting and scary. Reality has finally hit that little Paxton is on his way and will be here very soon. We have lots to do before he gets here, like finish a billion childbirth/parenting classes, get his nursery ready, finish his blanket I'm making for him, you get the idea.

Toni has finally finished working debate camps (5 weeks worth) and got home last Sunday. It is so nice to have her home. The first thing she said when she came in the door, after staring at my belly for awhile was that indeed, I have gotten much bigger. LOL! I'm ridiculously pregnant! I'll try to get some pictures posted. Needless to say, what I thought was big a month or so ago was nothing. Somebody at work this week said, "dude, how much longer, that thing is getting huge."

Trying to stay comfortable and calm is my newest state of reality. Toni feels a little stressed with the closeness of the due date approaching. She's been watching live births to get ready, so she doesn't pass out in the hospital, so cute. I'm not ready to watch that stuff though. I feel like I need to prepare for childbirth in my own way. I don't think watching another lady scream and suffer in pain is the best way for me. Is that bad?

2 comments:

  1. wahoo for 30 weeks!! and i'm with you bronwyn..watching someone else scream and shout while having a baby is NOT the way for me to prepare.. lol besides if your screaming, your NOT pushing hard enough! (true statement too) lol can't wait to see pics of the finished nursery, and of that 'HUGE' belly!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A billion childbirth/parenting classes? What??! I could only handle ONE! In fact, that's the only time I watched a video of women suffering in pain during childbirth. One class was definitely enough for me.

    ReplyDelete

"X Comments"